It is no coincidence that so many Americans’ favorite
holiday is Thanksgiving. That probably has a lot to do with the food (let’s be
honest) and the valuable time together with family. But it clearly goes deeper.
Thanksgiving holds different significance to different
- A time for taking stock of what we value, and to
be thankful for what we have.
- A time to reflect on what the “things” in our lives
really mean to us beyond the simple fact of the thing itself.
- A time to reflect on what is worth protecting.
What we are thankful for and why those things are worth
protecting differs from person to person, but some things hold true
- The roof over our heads – This is our home base, our comfort zone, our shelter from the storm, literal or otherwise.
- Our health – There is a reason why people say “As long as I’ve got my health…”
- Our family’s future – The future is the hope which makes all our hard work today purposeful.
But it goes even deeper than that.
Studies are forever showing how a sense of gratitude can
improve our state of mind, and thereby invigorate us physically. Maybe it’s
chemical. Maybe it’s bigger than that. The point is when we take the time to
recognize all that comes together to make our lives as lovely as they are, that
recognition sets in motion – in and around us – a chain reaction of goodness
that amplifies the goodness that was already there.
Horihan Insurance is grateful for the chance to help you
secure everything you are most thankful for. We’ll help you to protect all that
you’ve worked hard for, and to provide peace of mind to the people you are so thankful
to have in your lives.
We know we’re a little early, but it is never too early to give
Thank you, from all of us at Horihan Insurance. We wish you
all the happiness there is to be had this Thanksgiving!